Why I'm Choosing to Argue About Tattoos


Image result for tattooing

I want to argue about why do people misperceive tattoos. I want to say that tattoos are a form of art, a type of self-expression and that tattoos cannot change a person regardless of what you have heard or believe.

Image result for Rick Genest (The Zombie Boy)
Rick Genest (The Zombie Boy)
Diagnosed with brain cancer and had almost half
his brain removed, he lives a successful life as a model.

The question I am asking is: What are common misperceptions about having tattoos? Many people think that having tattoos represents criminals, symbolizes prostitution, and are relatively considered a dangerous practice, which is not true. In reality, people with tattoos are professional, dedicated, passionate, hard-working, and most inspiring individuals.

This topic is significant to me because I am an artist. I've always dreamed of getting inked and showing off my personality without speaking a word or having to take out my sketchbook and present it over and over. I want to become a tattoo artist myself; however, my parents and other family members strongly forbid it because they believe all these tropes and stereotypes. I disagree with them, and one reason I'm writing this is to educate them and to accept what I want to do in my life.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to "Tattoos by Design"

Peer Reviews For Presentations